• Before using it for the first time, remove the stickers, clean it with hot water and leave it to dry. Then brush the inside with a small amount of vegetable oil. Warm it over a low heat for a few minutes and wipe off the excess oil. Your product is now ready to use!
• Chasseur enamelled cast iron products can be used with all sources of heat: gas, electric, vitroceramic, induction and oven (with the exception of cookware with wooden handles).
- Match the size of your hob ring to the size of the receptacle to avoid concentrating the heat in one area.
- If you are using a glass hob, lift the cookware rather than dragging it.
- With induction hobs, you must never use the BOOSTER function. Start off with the minimum setting and then increase the heat very gradually so as to avoid creating thermal shock and cracking the enamel.
- Do not heat the cookware when it is empty: the enamel may be damaged irreversibly.
• For stirring, do not use metal spatulas or utensils, do not tap the edges of the container and never cut food inside the cookware as you risk scratching or damaging the enamel.
• Leave your cookware to cool down before washing it with a non-abrasive sponge.
• If any food residue is still stuck, soak it in warm water and washing up liquid.
• You can put your Chasseur product in the dishwasher (with the exception of products with a wooden handle), but we don’t recommend that you do this regularly. Modern cleaning agents could attack and tarnish the enamel.
• Wipe your cookware thoroughly and make sure it is dry before putting it away. If oxidation occurs (it isn't dangerous), apply some fat to the affected areas.
Thank you for your purchase. We hope you will enjoy using your Chasseur cookware for many, many years!